Account reconciliation dilemma

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Account reconciliation dilemma

Post by gospeltab »

Hi,

I am trying to reconcile our general (01) account. It won't reconcile because one Sunday the person who enters the contributions accidentally forgot to post the general fund offering and then entered the offering for missions (02) into the general fund deposit. They all posted together in one lump sum into the general account but he deposited the money into both the general account and the missions account.

I am now off by $680.31 in the reconciliation because that money was actually deposited into the missions account instead of the general account as it was entered into the contributions module.

It is also complicated by the fact that we had guest missionary speakers that day so a check was written from the general account to the missionaries that was to be offset by the deposit that was deposited to the wrong account.

I hope this makes sense.

I don't know the best way to fix this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

NeilZ

Re: Account reconciliation dilemma

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:Hi,

I am trying to reconcile our general (01) account. It won't reconcile because one Sunday the person who enters the contributions accidentally forgot to post the general fund offering and then entered the offering for missions (02) into the general fund deposit. They all posted together in one lump sum into the general account but he deposited the money into both the general account and the missions account.

I am now off by $680.31 in the reconciliation because that money was actually deposited into the missions account instead of the general account as it was entered into the contributions module.

It is also complicated by the fact that we had guest missionary speakers that day so a check was written from the general account to the missionaries that was to be offset by the deposit that was deposited to the wrong account.

I hope this makes sense.

I don't know the best way to fix this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Go into Accounting -> Funds Accounting -> View Posted Deposits
Reverse the deposit in error, then reenter the deposit using the same date but the correct accounts. Then post the reversal and the replacement.

Do a backup of the accounting database first in case the system does not look the way you expect it to be.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.