Moving monies from one account to another

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RobynS

Moving monies from one account to another

Post by RobynS »

I apologize if this topic is covered in another topic thread - I tried a number of times in the search bar but was unable to find something that would show me what I need to know.

In 2018 we had two interns working part-time. Their salaries were charged to the Pastoral Staff account rather than the Interns Staff account. I need to move $11,286.78 out of #5010 and into #5115.

This is probably a simple procedure, but I want to be sure I am doing it correctly!

As always, thank you for your help!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Moving monies from one account to another

Post by Zorak »

On the Fund Accounting side, you should be able to fix this by entering a transaction in Accounting > Fund Accounting > Enter Transactions. You will want to credit the 5010 account and debit 5115. Those amounts coming from Payroll were likely split up across months in 2018, so you can either enter transactions into each month to move the expenses, or just do a single lump sum entry at the end of the year.

Was it just the accounts that were switched up or were the employees actually getting paid with Pastoral Staff income items in Payroll? If so, there are likely bigger problems in Payroll. Pastoral/Clergy salary is taxed and reported differently than other staff.