Loan for furniture

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fmbc_1926

Loan for furniture

Post by fmbc_1926 »

I am a new secretary in our Finance Office. We have just financed new church furniture.
I have set up a recurring transaction for the principal and interest to be reduced each month.
The problem is I don't know how to set up a transaction showing the full amount of the loan so that the
payments each month reduce the loan. Can anyone tell me the debits and credits that I should use.
Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Loan for furniture

Post by NeilZ »

fmbc_1926 wrote:I am a new secretary in our Finance Office. We have just financed new church furniture.
I have set up a recurring transaction for the principal and interest to be reduced each month.
The problem is I don't know how to set up a transaction showing the full amount of the loan so that the
payments each month reduce the loan. Can anyone tell me the debits and credits that I should use.
Thank you!
You may need to delete the recurring transaction unless you have the system setup as described below. While it refers to a mortgage, this applies to any loan with assets that you may have where you are paying principal and interest:

https://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=3993
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.