Same Account # appearing twice in some reports

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FUMCFairfield

Same Account # appearing twice in some reports

Post by FUMCFairfield »

I've searched high and low..
I have an account # 5163 (a salary expense) that is showing up twice in some reports, anything to do with budget reporting shows twice, the account close to report, twice.
Only shows once in The maintain chart of accounts, account activity, account dependencies.

I'm currently running dual with Power Church and Quick Books, hoping to change over to PC before year end.

How this may have happened is I posted a manual payroll check for this person and used the wrong date. So I reversed it, reentered but I probably didn't post payroll or post Fund Accting entries...at first so thought I did something wrong. Now I've voided that same check and re-entered many times. Currently the G/L YTD earning for this person is correct.
In the process of posting a manual payroll, deduction calculations were a little different so I needed to set up a payroll deduction item to cover the discrepancy which I did. This deduction goes to the same salary acct 5163. Don't know if this could be causing the duplication.
Hope someone can understand my problem and offer a solution.
Thanks greatly

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Same Account # appearing twice in some reports

Post by Zorak »

This is something that you will need to speak with a technician about. It sounds like there is a problem in one of the data files where the chart of accounts or budget information is stored. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday at (800) 486-1800.

This will be considered a problem in the program, so there won't be a charge for the call.