contributions double posted

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

neac

contributions double posted

Post by neac »

Hi,
last year in October, many of our contributions were posted twice, sometimes three times, I don't know how or why.

If I simply reverse the extraneous contributions, do I need to do anything else?

NeilZ

Re: contributions double posted

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:Hi,
last year in October, many of our contributions were posted twice, sometimes three times, I don't know how or why.

If I simply reverse the extraneous contributions, do I need to do anything else?
I'm assuming that they were posted to Funds Accounting multiple times?? If so, they should have been caught when you did the reconciliation.

That said, reverse the extra Posted Transactions in Funds Accounting, post them, then be sure to check them off when you reconcile. These reversals will appear under the 'Checks ..." area of the reconciliation screen.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

I wasn’t the treasurer at the time so I don’t know if they were posted to Funds accounting multiple times.
I’m assuming not because as you said, if it were, it would have been caught during reconciliation.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:I wasn’t the treasurer at the time so I don’t know if they were posted to Funds accounting multiple times.
I’m assuming not because as you said, if it were, it would have been caught during reconciliation.
That's really strange, unless when they posted they were posting only to contributions, and no one caught that until someone wondered why there was no deposit.

OK .. in this case, just reverse the duplicate Contributions in Contributions, and then select the option to only post to Contributions module.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.