Employer retirement liability percentage not processing

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Bossed

Employer retirement liability percentage not processing

Post by Bossed »

Since the beginning of 2019, one of our employees percentage-based retirement liability has not been processing.
It worked fine through 12-31-2018.
What has changed? And how do I fix it?

NeilZ

Re: Employer retirement liability percentage not processing

Post by NeilZ »

Bossed wrote:Since the beginning of 2019, one of our employees percentage-based retirement liability has not been processing.
It worked fine through 12-31-2018.
What has changed? And how do I fix it?
Do you have other employees with the same type of deduction? Is it working for them?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Bossed

Post by Bossed »

Another employee who is also percentage based works fine but is linked to a different payroll expense/category.
On the employee who is not recording correctly, the box is checked, percentage type and percentage amount are selected but the employer liability amount is 0.00 on the PR check and Pay Items tab.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Bossed wrote:Another employee who is also percentage based works fine but is linked to a different payroll expense/category.
On the employee who is not recording correctly, the box is checked, percentage type and percentage amount are selected but the employer liability amount is 0.00 on the PR check and Pay Items tab.
I'm assuming that the Item Description for the employer liability is different from the one that works, since you said that there's a different expense account??

The pay item itself should work as it will use the employee's gross pay for the pay period in its calculation.

If both pay items are setup the same, and the only differences are the Item Descriptions and the accounts setup there, i would look to see what is different (other than the expense accounts) between the two item descriptions.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.