Deposit missing in Accounting Module

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FUMCFairfield

Deposit missing in Accounting Module

Post by FUMCFairfield »

Feb had 3 deposits posted in Contribution module. The three deposits show up in all reports in the contribution module, and on members records. There are no unposted contributions, all posted.
The 2/17/19 deposit is not showing up in the Accounting module, and there, too,all contributions are posted.
Where did it go, how do I find it? Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Deposit missing in Accounting Module

Post by NeilZ »

FUMCFairfield wrote:Feb had 3 deposits posted in Contribution module. The three deposits show up in all reports in the contribution module, and on members records. There are no unposted contributions, all posted.
The 2/17/19 deposit is not showing up in the Accounting module, and there, too,all contributions are posted.
Where did it go, how do I find it? Thanks
I'd first check to see if anyone did a restore of a backup that may have overwritten it, but I suspect that the contributions may not have been posted to Funds Accounting, and posted to Contributions only.

I know that v12 has a Contribution Audit Log, I think that 11.5 does too), you can see if the Contributions were posted in the log. If you highlight the line in the table, it will show where it was posted to at the bottom in the comment box.

If that was indeed the case, you can run a Funds Report in Contributions for the week, and using a previously posted Contribution transaction as a template, enter a transaction using the numbers found on the report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FUMCFairfield

Post by FUMCFairfield »

There are no unposted contributions, so if it was not posted to accounting module then where did it go? I have a printout of Fund Accounting Posting Report stateing it was posted on 2/19/2019 but that date is not showing up in the accounting module Posting reports. So if it is posted in the contribution module then I just need to make a manual entry in the accounting module. Is this correct? What would cause the data to not show up as unposted in contribution module? Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FUMCFairfield wrote:There are no unposted contributions, so if it was not posted to accounting module then where did it go? I have a printout of Fund Accounting Posting Report stateing it was posted on 2/19/2019 but that date is not showing up in the accounting module Posting reports. So if it is posted in the contribution module then I just need to make a manual entry in the accounting module. Is this correct? What would cause the data to not show up as unposted in contribution module? Thanks
Let me take your questions one by one.

1. Where did it go? Did you look at the Contributions Audit Log. It will tell you when it was posted to Contributions, and the bottom comments box will tell you where it went. I was thinking that it was only posted to Contributions, but based on what you're telling me about a printed Funds Accounting posting report, it sounds more like what I describe in item 2.

2. If you have a posting report printout that says it was posted on 2/19/2019, but that date is not showing up in the Funds Accounting Reprint Posting Reports list of dates, I suspect a backup restore was done that may have restored the Accounting database to a backup done before the actual posting of the Contributions.

So assuming a backup was done of Accounting on 2/18/2019, and assuming that Contributions were posted to Funds Accounting on the 19th, then Posted in Funds Accounting on the 19th. Then the Posting Report was printed and was correct as of that date. Follow me so far?

Then if someone RESTORED the 2/18 Accounting backup on the 20th, you would have no record in Funds Accounting of any postings done on the 19th, and Contributions still would still show as updated as far as member contribution records and other reports from within Contributions.

I would check the System Audit Log under UTILITIES to see if any ACCOUNTING backups were restored.

3. To fix this, use the Contributions Module FUNDS REPORT for the date in question to create the deposit transaction in Funds Accounting. I'd use a previously posted contributions transaction as a template to do this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FUMCFairfield

Post by FUMCFairfield »

Thanks Neil for the lengthy explanation. It is as you thought, a backup was restored on 2/19 at 9am and 2pm so guess the backup wiped out 2/18 posting. I'm running dual systems planning to convert to PC completely at end of year. I have begun only backing up accounting and not all data which should help with future issues.