New fund drive

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

eddiewaren

New fund drive

Post by eddiewaren »

I created a new fund for a drive to pave our driveway. Pledges post to it and so does Vanco, but it does not show up on my Balance Sheet.
What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: New fund drive

Post by NeilZ »

eddiewaren wrote:I created a new fund for a drive to pave our driveway. Pledges post to it and so does Vanco, but it does not show up on my Balance Sheet.
What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? Thanks.
OK ... what type of fund? Where did you create it? Need more information.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

eddiewaren

Post by eddiewaren »

Income fund.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

eddiewaren wrote:Income fund.
I think there's a problem with terminology here.

There are two types of FUNDS in Powerchurch. One is a Contribution Fund .. this is used only in Contributions and is setup to account for contributions to different areas of the congregation's ministries such as 'Regular Tithes & Offerings', 'Missions', and 'Memorials', etc. It is usually linked to an income or liability account in an Accounting Fund.

An Accounting Fund is a self-balancing Chart of Accounts. In accounting we need to think of a fund as a division, or sub-group of your church. Each Accounting Fund has its own Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Income, Expense and Transfer accounts.

So since you have pledges and postings to what you created, this sounds like a Contribution Fund, which would then connect to an income account in an Accounting Fund. If you created an income account and did not create it as a Donor Restricted account, it closes to the Unrestricted Net Assets/Fund Balance account. If this is indeed the case, it will not show as a separate net asset/fund balance on the Balance Sheet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.