Voided Payroll

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Voided Payroll

Post by whfpc »

I issued a check to an employee for a bonus, later I found that the item description I used charged the incorrect account. I voided the check in payroll and directly afterwards thought that was not the best move, I only needed to correct it in fund accounting not in payroll. Is there a way to reverse that void? Then I can just enter a transaction credit the incorrect and debiting the correct codes??
P.S. I did not post in F/A yet. Thanks in advance!!

NeilZ

Re: Voided Payroll

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:I issued a check to an employee for a bonus, later I found that the item description I used charged the incorrect account. I voided the check in payroll and directly afterwards thought that was not the best move, I only needed to correct it in fund accounting not in payroll. Is there a way to reverse that void? Then I can just enter a transaction credit the incorrect and debiting the correct codes??
P.S. I did not post in F/A yet. Thanks in advance!!
My advice is to always correct the issue in the module where there was a problem. This avoids other issues that may occur later on, and keeps an audit trail.

I'd correct the Pay Item to point to the correct expense account, then reissue using the 'Process Payroll' using the same date as the original and then select 'Manual Check' in payroll then use the same check number.

Then post the void and the replacement. This gives a full audit trail of all changes and reissues.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.