Reversal Entry missing in Journal Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bayparktreasurer

Reversal Entry missing in Journal Report

Post by bayparktreasurer »

I have a strange situation here.

I posted an incorrect entry so I went ahead and did a reversal on that entry so that I could enter it correctly. Now when I print out the journal report for the month I see a transaction for the incorrect entry and the transaction detail says that the transaction was reversed BUT there is no corresponding reverse transaction in the list. When I attempt to reverse it again it says it has already been reversed. Can I go ahead and reverse it again anyways or will that cause more problems? Where could that entry have gone?

NeilZ

Re: Reversal Entry missing in Journal Report

Post by NeilZ »

bayparktreasurer wrote:I have a strange situation here.

I posted an incorrect entry so I went ahead and did a reversal on that entry so that I could enter it correctly. Now when I print out the journal report for the month I see a transaction for the incorrect entry and the transaction detail says that the transaction was reversed BUT there is no corresponding reverse transaction in the list. When I attempt to reverse it again it says it has already been reversed. Can I go ahead and reverse it again anyways or will that cause more problems? Where could that entry have gone?
Do not try to do it again. Did you check the Posted Transactions to see if the reverse is there?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bayparktreasurer

NeilZ wrote: Do not try to do it again. Did you check the Posted Transactions to see if the reverse is there?
Yes, it does not show up in the posted transactions but DOES show up in the Journal Report. I printed out the journal report to verify the reversal and that's when I discovered that it wasn't showing up in the posted transactions.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bayparktreasurer wrote:
NeilZ wrote: Do not try to do it again. Did you check the Posted Transactions to see if the reverse is there?
Yes, it does not show up in the posted transactions but DOES show up in the Journal Report. I printed out the journal report to verify the reversal and that's when I discovered that it wasn't showing up in the posted transactions.
OK ..what was the transaction? What module was it coming from?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bayparktreasurer

It was a transfer in the Accounting module.

Debit - 02-1115 - Chequing account
Credit - 02-1120 - Building Fund Savings account

I had a couple other similar transactions that I reversed and they are all showing up.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bayparktreasurer wrote:It was a transfer in the Accounting module.

Debit - 02-1115 - Chequing account
Credit - 02-1120 - Building Fund Savings account

I had a couple other similar transactions that I reversed and they are all showing up.
Hmmm ... did the reconciliation turn out OK?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bayparktreasurer

Things were so messed up I just decided to restore from a backup and redo the month. Things worked out then.

Thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bayparktreasurer wrote:Things were so messed up I just decided to restore from a backup and redo the month. Things worked out then.

Thanks.
This is why I have the system setup to backup daily saves a lot of time and headaches.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

spc.office

Post by spc.office »

I am having a similar problem - I reversed a transaction in Fund Accounting but it does not appear on any reports, and I get the message that the transaction has already been reversed. It doesn't appear in posted transactions either...
bayparktreasurer wrote:I have a strange situation here.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

spc.office wrote:I am having a similar problem - I reversed a transaction in Fund Accounting but it does not appear on any reports, and I get the message that the transaction has already been reversed. It doesn't appear in posted transactions either...
I'm going to ask the obvious question. The original transaction, was it posted before you entered the reversal? If so, did you actually post the reversal?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

spc.office

Post by spc.office »

Yes, it was posted on 5/21 and reversed on 5/24...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

spc.office wrote:Yes, it was posted on 5/21 and reversed on 5/24...

You didn't say where the original transaction was created and posted from, and where you did the reversal from. For example, if you created a transaction in Account Payable, then posted to Funds Accounting, but then reversed it an Accounts Payable, and posted to Funds Accounting, but did NOT post Funds Accounting between those two actions, it may have just negated itself in the system.

That said, without knowing more about the transactions, where it was done, etc, any answer can only be speculation.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

spc.office

Post by spc.office »

NeilZ wrote:

You didn't say where the original transaction was created and posted from, and where you did the reversal from. For example, if you created a transaction in Account Payable, then posted to Funds Accounting, but then reversed it an Accounts Payable, and posted to Funds Accounting, but did NOT post Funds Accounting between those two actions, it may have just negated itself in the system.

That said, without knowing more about the transactions, where it was done, etc, any answer can only be speculation.
It was created and posted from Fund Accounting, and reversed and posted from Fund Accounting.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

spc.office wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

It was created and posted from Fund Accounting, and reversed and posted from Fund Accounting.
Please show me the transaction you entered and the reversing transaction.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.