Five years of Contributions w/o Fund Actg set up

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RosMal19

Five years of Contributions w/o Fund Actg set up

Post by RosMal19 »

We are now trying to go back and utilize all modules of the Power Church Program. The person who setup the powerchurch utilized the contributions module perfectly. However, the fund accounting module was never used. And yes they posted the Contributions. Other than going back and reversing the posted contributions of five years or exporting them to excel, deleting the history and importing them back year by year in the system closing as I go, how do I now match and fix the Fund Acctg and Contributions to bring everything current?

NeilZ

Re: Five years of Contributions w/o Fund Actg set up

Post by NeilZ »

RosMal19 wrote:We are now trying to go back and utilize all modules of the Power Church Program. The person who setup the powerchurch utilized the contributions module perfectly. However, the fund accounting module was never used. And yes they posted the Contributions. Other than going back and reversing the posted contributions of five years or exporting them to excel, deleting the history and importing them back year by year in the system closing as I go, how do I now match and fix the Fund Acctg and Contributions to bring everything current?
Could you explain what you are doing? Are you starting from scratch without any prior use of any Accounting modules? I'm going to base this next statement on you starting from scratch. I would just use the process for setting up accounting. This takes into account your current bank balances, and so on. Not knowing what you have done so far I can't give any other advice.

What version of Powerchurch are you using?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RosMal19

Post by RosMal19 »

Thank you for the response. Yes - the accounting module is being started from nothing in it- but the contributions has five years of posted information. The contributions have been kept for the last 5 years and posted in the contributions module.
My question is how to re-open the contributions to have them post to the fund accounting module accurately without reversing them and reposting? And/Or should I export the existing contributions information and delete it -and import and repost it year by year?
My question is how to repost the contributions over from five back for the accuracy of both modules. Or maybe I am misunderstanding how the contributions appear in the fund accounting module because they are not there? I have went through each of the contribution funds and pointed them to the correct accounting fund. I have set up the chart of accounts and the financial statements. I have checked to see if the contributions for all years were posted and they are. What am I missing? Or What should I do next?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RosMal19 wrote:Thank you for the response. Yes - the accounting module is being started from nothing in it- but the contributions has five years of posted information. The contributions have been kept for the last 5 years and posted in the contributions module.
My question is how to re-open the contributions to have them post to the fund accounting module accurately without reversing them and reposting? And/Or should I export the existing contributions information and delete it -and import and repost it year by year?
No need to do so.
RosMal19 wrote:My question is how to repost the contributions over from five back for the accuracy of both modules. Or maybe I am misunderstanding how the contributions appear in the fund accounting module because they are not there? I have went through each of the contribution funds and pointed them to the correct accounting fund. I have set up the chart of accounts and the financial statements. I have checked to see if the contributions for all years were posted and they are. What am I missing? Or What should I do next?
The reason I say you don't need to worry about previous years Contributions is because if you're using the Accounting Setup system, it will walk you through the setup. It will ask you for your checkbook balance, any outstanding checks , savings account balances, and so on. Since all the previous contributions were deposited in the checking accounts prior to your starting Accounting, they've already been 'accounted' (heh heh) for.

If you didn't use the Accounting Setup, I strongly urge you do so as it will lead you through the process.

As far as the Accounting Fund setup, make sure you point to the correct DEBIT (bank) account, and the correct CREDIT (income) account. Income accounts are, by Powerchurch defaults, the 4000 series accounts.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RosMal19

Post by RosMal19 »

Great that Cleared it up totally. That was the missing understanding. Thank you.