Vanco import description field

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jmejeur

Vanco import description field

Post by jmejeur »

I have a question on Vanco imports. Everything seems to be going fine with importing but my question deals with the description field that comes with the import. Basically, for any fund the imported transactions description field shows- "contributions xx/xx/xxxx date, online giving deposit" Is this generated by power church or Vanco? I asked Vanco if that could be changed but they are telling me no, its part of power church and to ask power church. I would like to have this show what fund that I have set up in Vanco that it came from.

For a little more info- Our funds in Vanco don’t necessarily mirror power church. For instance, we have one fund for missions set up in power church that covers 7 different missionaries or organizations that we support through the year. An umbrella fund if you will. In Vanco, I set these 7 up as separate funds to let the people choose who they want to give to. They all end up in the one missions fund in power church but we track how that fund is split between the 7 since everyone gives differently to each cause. This is what is causing the “confusion” I guess if you want to call it that. Our secretary only sees deposits into the mission fund in power church but no description of who gets that particular deposit. The only thing in the description field is- “contributions 00/00/0000 date, online giving deposit”

I think that any change would need info from Vanco, that's why I asked them first but they tell me it can't be altered and to ask power church.

jmejeur

Re: Vanco import description field

Post by jmejeur »

Can anyone tell me where the description field of a vanco import gets its info from? Does it come from Vanco or is it built into Power Church+?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The Transaction Description comes from PowerChurch. It is a single field for a whole bank deposit/transfer, so there wouldn't be a way to show details of which funds were given to in that deposit.

In the Line Descriptions shown in the transaction show the individual funds that were given to when creating the transaction. If all of your various Vanco funds are mapped to a single fund in PowerChurch, they will be combined into a single line, showing the amount given and the Line Description will show the name of the PowerChurch Contribution Fund.

To have this work the way you want, you would need separate funds in PowerChurch, reporting separate income or liability accounts, so that the transaction will reflect what funds were given to on the Vanco side.

jmejeur

Post by jmejeur »

Thanks for the info. We can track the different amounts through the month end report from Vanco. That report shows the different causes we have set up and amounts given for each even though they all end up in our missions fund. Our church secretary was just asking if it could be in the description field and now I have the answer for her. Thanks again.