Youth Event Payments

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

Youth Event Payments

Post by ngaham »

Hello,
I wanted to reach out and see how everyone handles events like camp, youth revivals, or any event that usually requires payments for individuals. Currently, if our church is going to go to a camp our Youth Pastor will do fundraisers, like snack shop or sell candy bars, to help raise money for the kids. He has been keeping track of what kid owes how much and I have been putting the money into the account for the event until it is spent. I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this. Is there an easy way to keep track of individual accounts in PC that would make it easy to input fundraising money etc?

NeilZ

Re: Youth Event Payments

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Hello,
I wanted to reach out and see how everyone handles events like camp, youth revivals, or any event that usually requires payments for individuals. Currently, if our church is going to go to a camp our Youth Pastor will do fundraisers, like snack shop or sell candy bars, to help raise money for the kids. He has been keeping track of what kid owes how much and I have been putting the money into the account for the event until it is spent. I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this. Is there an easy way to keep track of individual accounts in PC that would make it easy to input fundraising money etc?
You could use the Accounts Receivable module, but then you'd have to maintain a bunch of customer records. Other than that, using a spreadsheet is next best method.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.