Income and Expense Statement issue

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Income and Expense Statement issue

Post by whfpc »

Happy Monday, let me see if I can explain this properly to get some help. Powerchurch 12 user.
I run an Income and Expense Statement for fund 01 with current period, current budget, difference, yts, ytd budget, ytd difference, annual budget then annual budget percentage each month for finance. I choose accounting months January through April (and last month was Jan through March, month before was January through Feb. etc.)
This month I prepared the statement and all of my current budget for the month (April) information is matching my current period (Jan-April) budget information. These numbers are different (and the report was correct last month), if I have something that's budgeted for ($12,000 annually) $1,000 per month then the current period budget amount should be $1,000 while the ytd should show $4,000 and the annual $12,000. I have checked my budget input to see if anything went wrong there but the budget information is in and correct.
I did do the maintenance update on the 14th of May.

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Income and Expense Statement issue

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:Happy Monday, let me see if I can explain this properly to get some help. Powerchurch 12 user.
I run an Income and Expense Statement for fund 01 with current period, current budget, difference, yts, ytd budget, ytd difference, annual budget then annual budget percentage each month for finance. I choose accounting months January through April (and last month was Jan through March, month before was January through Feb. etc.)
This month I prepared the statement and all of my current budget for the month (April) information is matching my current period (Jan-April) budget information. These numbers are different (and the report was correct last month), if I have something that's budgeted for ($12,000 annually) $1,000 per month then the current period budget amount should be $1,000 while the ytd should show $4,000 and the annual $12,000. I have checked my budget input to see if anything went wrong there but the budget information is in and correct.
I did do the maintenance update on the 14th of May.

Robin
OK .. you run the report with the months of Jan thru April, right? That should reflect the YTD budget ... if you run the report for just April, you'll just see the April income & expense.

Perhaps I'm misreading what you wrote but you said:
I choose accounting months January through April (and last month was Jan through March, month before was January through Feb. etc.)
This period is essentialy the Year To Date period reported as the current period.

I just ran the report with the options you described locally, and as I suspected, the current period numbers will equal the YTD numbers.

I suspect you want to run just the month for the current period (April) and everything else will then calculate properly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

I am soooo sorry, it was ALLLL me. I ran the report incorrectly............

Robin

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:I am soooo sorry, it was ALLLL me. I ran the report incorrectly............

Robin
No problem .. its Monday :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.