Payroll Item Descriptions

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GEBCbookkeeper

Payroll Item Descriptions

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

We recently added a couple of Payroll Item Descriptions to track employer liability and I can't figure out how to get them to calculate properly. This is all in regards to State L&I. I've double checked the percentage entered it's not calculating properly. And it's working differently from one employee to another. Can you give me any things to double check where our set-up is wrong?
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper
Graham Emmanuel Baptist Church

NeilZ

Re: Payroll Item Descriptions

Post by NeilZ »

GEBCbookkeeper wrote:We recently added a couple of Payroll Item Descriptions to track employer liability and I can't figure out how to get them to calculate properly. This is all in regards to State L&I. I've double checked the percentage entered it's not calculating properly. And it's working differently from one employee to another. Can you give me any things to double check where our set-up is wrong?
OK ... which state so I can take a look at the requirements, not all states have L&I .. what is that Labor and Industry ??
Do you have a link to the state manual on this? It would help to know what the rate is, is the rate dependent on salary, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GEBCbookkeeper

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

NeilZ wrote:
GEBCbookkeeper wrote:We recently added a couple of Payroll Item Descriptions to track employer liability and I can't figure out how to get them to calculate properly. This is all in regards to State L&I. I've double checked the percentage entered it's not calculating properly. And it's working differently from one employee to another. Can you give me any things to double check where our set-up is wrong?
OK ... which state so I can take a look at the requirements, not all states have L&I .. what is that Labor and Industry ??
Do you have a link to the state manual on this? It would help to know what the rate is, is the rate dependent on salary, etc.

We are in Washington State. Yes - Labor & Industry. We have two separate classifications - one for clergy/admin/clerical .09820 employee/.1918 employer, and maintenance staff .22115 employee/.70935 employer. It's based on actual hours worked, so we wouldn't pay or withhold on vacation hours. Salaried employees have a set amount so I have to enter the amount for those employees, but hoping i can get it to accurately calculate the amount for the hourly workers. And to be able to calculate our employer liability amounts.
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I'm not sure that this is possible right now. I'll flag it for a tech to look at.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, there isn't anything built-in to calculate the tax based on hours worked.

I have written up a feature request for development's consideration in future releases.

GEBCbookkeeper

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

Zorak wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't anything built-in to calculate the tax based on hours worked.

I have written up a feature request for development's consideration in future releases.

Got it - thank you!
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper