Paycheck processed last week but no record in Powerchurch

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christybeth

Paycheck processed last week but no record in Powerchurch

Post by christybeth »

I processed my regular payroll with all of our employees last week and then ran a separate one for an employee that worked a function at the church. I ran it through process payroll and clicked on the Direct Deposit file like I usually do to upload the info to our bank. The check was processed at the bank last week.

Now that I am back at work today and ready to pay my payroll taxes...there is no record of the separate check that I ran :wall: Any ideas why?

I have not posted payroll and it was while I was going to post it that I noticed that the separate check was not there as a separate payroll. I have gone to Modify Unposted Payroll and it is not there. I have looked at Maintain List of Employees and looked at the employee that should have had the separate check. All that is showing is the regular payroll. The separate check was processed at the bank though. :wall:

What could the hiccup be? How can I remedy this? Thank you!!

NeilZ

Re: Paycheck processed last week but no record in Powerchurc

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:I processed my regular payroll with all of our employees last week and then ran a separate one for an employee that worked a function at the church. I ran it through process payroll and clicked on the Direct Deposit file like I usually do to upload the info to our bank. The check was processed at the bank last week.

Now that I am back at work today and ready to pay my payroll taxes...there is no record of the separate check that I ran :wall: Any ideas why?

I have not posted payroll and it was while I was going to post it that I noticed that the separate check was not there as a separate payroll. I have gone to Modify Unposted Payroll and it is not there. I have looked at Maintain List of Employees and looked at the employee that should have had the separate check. All that is showing is the regular payroll. The separate check was processed at the bank though. :wall:

Did you create the separate paycheck the same day? Have you posted payroll yet? If not, do a backup of the Accounting files, and then Post Payroll. See what is posted to the employee's history after the posting. Come back and let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

NeilZ wrote:
christybeth wrote:I processed my regular payroll with all of our employees last week and then ran a separate one for an employee that worked a function at the church. I ran it through process payroll and clicked on the Direct Deposit file like I usually do to upload the info to our bank. The check was processed at the bank last week.

Did you create the separate paycheck the same day? Have you posted payroll yet? If not, do a backup of the Accounting files, and then Post Payroll. See what is posted to the employee's history after the posting. Come back and let us know what you find.

I did the separate paycheck the same day and have not posted payroll yet. Should I post or does the fact that I did it the same day change things.

When we have had events in the past, I have always ran a separate paycheck for the event and employee(s) to keep it separate from the regular payroll. I have not had any problems with this in the past and actually ran separate checks with our last payroll on 5/24/19 with no trouble.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

I did the separate paycheck the same day and have not posted payroll yet. Should I post or does the fact that I did it the same day change things.

When we have had events in the past, I have always ran a separate paycheck for the event and employee(s) to keep it separate from the regular payroll. I have not had any problems with this in the past and actually ran separate checks with our last payroll on 5/24/19 with no trouble.
As I said, do the backup, then post payroll and let us know what you see.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

NeilZ wrote:
christybeth wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

As I said, do the backup, then post payroll and let us know what you see.
I backed up and Payroll has been posted and is waiting to be posted in Fund Accounting now. I can see the file saved on my computer that was uploaded to the bank and processed. I cannot see the separate check in Modify Unposted Payroll and I still cannot see the separate check in Maintain List of Employees with the employee who should have the separate check for the event.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
I backed up and Payroll has been posted and is waiting to be posted in Fund Accounting now. I can see the file saved on my computer that was uploaded to the bank and processed. I cannot see the separate check in Modify Unposted Payroll and I still cannot see the separate check in Maintain List of Employees with the employee who should have the separate check for the event.
OK .. that tells me that for some reason, the information either was not saved, or someone took a backup after you did the orignal payroll, then restored it.

That last part is speculative, but its the only other likely answer.

What you should do now, is run the separate payment through payroll, and make it a MANUAL check enter DIRDEP as the check number. This should process, and then post properly.

In Future:
Do your normal payroll first, and POST that. Then do any separate payments through payroll as needed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

I was able to get the separate check taken care of. Thank you!

I spoke with our IT guy and he does not have access to PowerChurch so we believe it had to have been a glitch within the PowerChurch. There is only one other person besides myself (my boss) that has access to PowerChurch but he is out of state and we do not use online PowerChurch so it was not him.

My concern is that you said I need to do future separate checks after I post our regular payroll. The problem with that is I always give it at least 24 hours before posting so that if there are any problems at the bank with processing the direct deposit or with employee hours etc. etc. I can still go in and make revisions to the Payroll. I have never had a problem with separate checks in the past so why all of the sudden did I?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:I was able to get the separate check taken care of. Thank you!

I spoke with our IT guy and he does not have access to PowerChurch so we believe it had to have been a glitch within the PowerChurch. There is only one other person besides myself (my boss) that has access to PowerChurch but he is out of state and we do not use online PowerChurch so it was not him.

My concern is that you said I need to do future separate checks after I post our regular payroll. The problem with that is I always give it at least 24 hours before posting so that if there are any problems at the bank with processing the direct deposit or with employee hours etc. etc. I can still go in and make revisions to the Payroll. I have never had a problem with separate checks in the past so why all of the sudden did I?
As I said, without having access to look at your setup, I have no idea. If you feel that you can still do the two payroll runs on the same day proceed. But I do suggest that you do a backup of the Accounting Files before you do the second run for the separate checks so you have a baseline in case something like this happens again.

Also, when was the last time you did a reindex of the database?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.