Correcting entries made as GE to AP?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kellgal

Correcting entries made as GE to AP?

Post by kellgal »

Version 11 question here:
We have an outside provider process our payroll, which I typically enter under AP so that payment can be attributed to each employee (listed as Vendors for us, since we aren't currently using the Payroll Module). Well, let's just say I had a "moment" and accidentally entered a payroll run as a GE under Fund Accounting. This doesn't affect anything at all except that now those payments aren't associated with an employee (again, Vendor for us). Any way to fix this? Salary, our share of FICA and Medicare, and all other liabilities are entered separately under their own account so this isn't a disaster. But I'd like to have a accurate list of payments for each employee (Vendor) under the history tab.

Let me know if you need clarification on anything to answer my query. And FWIW, I'm trying to convince our session that allowing me to actually USE the Payroll Module will be a lot simpler than running payroll through a outside provider!

NeilZ

Re: Correcting entries made as GE to AP?

Post by NeilZ »

kellgal wrote:Version 11 question here:
We have an outside provider process our payroll, which I typically enter under AP so that payment can be attributed to each employee (listed as Vendors for us, since we aren't currently using the Payroll Module). Well, let's just say I had a "moment" and accidentally entered a payroll run as a GE under Fund Accounting. This doesn't affect anything at all except that now those payments aren't associated with an employee (again, Vendor for us). Any way to fix this? Salary, our share of FICA and Medicare, and all other liabilities are entered separately under their own account so this isn't a disaster. But I'd like to have a accurate list of payments for each employee (Vendor) under the history tab.

Let me know if you need clarification on anything to answer my query. And FWIW, I'm trying to convince our session that allowing me to actually USE the Payroll Module will be a lot simpler than running payroll through a outside provider!
Reverse the entries in Funds Accounting, and re-enter in AP.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kellgal

Post by kellgal »

How do I reverse the entries in Fund Accounting?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kellgal wrote:How do I reverse the entries in Fund Accounting?
Find the posted entry in the View Posted Transactions select it, then click the REVERSE button.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kellgal

Post by kellgal »

Thank you for your patience and help!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kellgal wrote:Thank you for your patience and help!
You're welcome!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.