Payroll adjustment

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GEBCbookkeeper

Payroll adjustment

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

Last month we had two employees that were paid at the incorrect rate. Because it wasn't caught until they had deposited their checks, we decided we would make an adjustment this month. What is the best way to do that? One was overpaid, one was underpaid.
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper
Graham Emmanuel Baptist Church

NeilZ

Re: Payroll adjustment

Post by NeilZ »

GEBCbookkeeper wrote:Last month we had two employees that were paid at the incorrect rate. Because it wasn't caught until they had deposited their checks, we decided we would make an adjustment this month. What is the best way to do that? One was overpaid, one was underpaid.
Make the adjustment in the VERIFY PAYROLL screen, double click on their income item, and make the adjustment there. This should also recalculate any taxes, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GEBCbookkeeper

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

NeilZ wrote:
GEBCbookkeeper wrote:Last month we had two employees that were paid at the incorrect rate. Because it wasn't caught until they had deposited their checks, we decided we would make an adjustment this month. What is the best way to do that? One was overpaid, one was underpaid.
Make the adjustment in the VERIFY PAYROLL screen, double click on their income item, and make the adjustment there. This should also recalculate any taxes, etc.
Not totally following you - so last month employee A was overpaid by $94. How do I deduct that amount from this month's paycheck and still correctly reflect the hours worked and make sure the taxes are correct. Employee B was underpaid by $58.14 so, same question.

I saw in our records this happened once in the past and the previous bookkeeper added in the same amount of hours with the adjusted rate difference, which worked out for the income and taxes but caused the L&I hours to be wrong on our reports.
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper

GEBCbookkeeper

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

GEBCbookkeeper wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
Not totally following you - so last month employee A was overpaid by $94. How do I deduct that amount from this month's paycheck and still correctly reflect the hours worked and make sure the taxes are correct. Employee B was underpaid by $58.14 so, same question.

I saw in our records this happened once in the past and the previous bookkeeper added in the same amount of hours with the adjusted rate difference, which worked out for the income and taxes but caused the L&I hours to be wrong on our reports.

Never mind, I figured it out! Thanks!
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

GEBCbookkeeper wrote:
GEBCbookkeeper wrote:
NeilZ wrote: Make the adjustment in the VERIFY PAYROLL screen, double click on their income item, and make the adjustment there. This should also recalculate any taxes, etc.

Never mind, I figured it out! Thanks!
Just to make sure others know what I mean. When you double click on the Verify Payroll screen you can adjust the amount being paid, you can add or deduct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.