941 Prior Year Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antioch-alexandria

941 Prior Year Report

Post by antioch-alexandria »

Somehow, our hardcopy 941/941-V Report for Quarter 1, 2018, has been misplaced. Whenever I try a reprint, it will not let me go past 2019. Is there any way I can retrieve a prior year report? I'm able to get the 941 Tax Deposit report, but not the actual 941 report and voucher. Thanks so much!

NeilZ

Re: 941 Prior Year Report

Post by NeilZ »

antioch-alexandria wrote:Somehow, our hardcopy 941/941-V Report for Quarter 1, 2018, has been misplaced. Whenever I try a reprint, it will not let me go past 2019. Is there any way I can retrieve a prior year report? I'm able to get the 941 Tax Deposit report, but not the actual 941 report and voucher. Thanks so much!
I do not believe so. The reason is that the PDF template used is updated for each year, replacing the one from the year prior. Its possible that if you contact Powerchurch directly, they may be able to help you out, but you will probably have to pay a fee.

May I make a suggestion for the future. What I do is print the 941 to a PDF file and save that file, along with all the receipts from all my online tax payments and keep that on our network storage, which is then backed up to cloud storage. While this may be overkill, having a copy available to reprint at any time keeps any issues such as you're seeing from happening.

You do not need to spend a lot of money to have a PDF print driver, there are a few that are free, with ads. What I use is from Software995, http://www.pdf995.com/.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

If you happen to have an old backup still in your files that goes back before the end of 2018 you should be able to get the 941 from that. Do a current backup then restore the old 2018 backup and when you are finished restore the current backup.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:If you happen to have an old backup still in your files that goes back before the end of 2018 you should be able to get the 941 from that. Do a current backup then restore the old 2018 backup and when you are finished restore the current backup.
Tom,

I checked what the program backs up, and I don't see the PDF template, so that may not work.

Neil
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

That is correct. The backup doesn't contain copies of the PDFs.

You can download the fillable PDF from the IRS's website that you could fill out manually with last year's figures:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f941--2018.pdf