2019 941 Quarterly

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Maranatha.Trsr

2019 941 Quarterly

Post by Maranatha.Trsr »

Version 11.55
What happened to the 941 Quarterly Tax Return?
I successfully printed the first qtr return from PC+ on April 17th.
When I print out the Quarterly Tax Return (Payroll, 941 Quarterly Tax Return), the return doesn't print now, only the data to fill in a PDF from the IRS website.

NeilZ

Re: 2019 941 Quarterly

Post by NeilZ »

Maranatha.Trsr wrote:Version 11.55
What happened to the 941 Quarterly Tax Return?
I successfully printed the first qtr return from PC+ on April 17th.
When I print out the Quarterly Tax Return (Payroll, 941 Quarterly Tax Return), the return doesn't print now, only the data to fill in a PDF from the IRS website.
First off .. do you have the latest Maintenance Release installed, for 11.55 the MR is dated 5/15/2019. Are you seeing the 941 dialog that asks you to verify the data to fill in the form?

What version of Windows are you using? Yours is the first posting that anyone is having issues with the 941 in v11.55, so has there been any changes to your system lately?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Maranatha.Trsr

Post by Maranatha.Trsr »

I'm at my paying job now... and my computer is at home.
I confirmed last night that the 5/15 update was installed when it was released.
I also double checked for a new update within PC and received the message that the program is up to date.

O/S is Windows 10 home. I did have a significant Windows update (1903) within the last week which caused me to reinstall some printer and other apps.

I do see the 941 dialogue (941 assistant) and verify the data to fill in the form.
When I finish and print, one sheet of paper with the data prints.. instead of the 4 page 941 and instructions.

I've typed the data in a 941 PDF from the IRS website and mailed for this quarter, but it would be nice to have the form originate from PC again for the 3rd QTR. If no one else is experiencing this, then it is must be my computer. Any suggestions on how to fix on my computer?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There are a few different reasons a report would be generated instead of the 941 form. You will see a warning on the opening screen of the 941 process, that says

This process will generate a report, rather than the PDF form due to the following:

and then details the reasons.

Most commonly, Windows isn't reporting that there is a PDF Reader software installed. A quick and easy fix for that is just to download and reinstall the reader software Adobe Acrobat or any of the many free alternatives.

Other possible problems are that the 941 PDF forms are missing from the PowerChurch installation. That can be fixed by reinstalling the latest Maintenance Release.

Lastly, the Microsoft .NET 4 runtimes are required for the process of filling out the PDF forms. That can be installed/enabled from the Windows Features dialog in Windows 10 or downloaded from the Microsoft website.

Maranatha.Trsr

Post by Maranatha.Trsr »

Thanks Neil and Zorak.
Your answers helped point me to the problem, the windows update had wiped out the PDF reader and I hadn't needed it yet!

I missed the message in PC last night, when running the 941 (that a PDF reader was missing).

I reinstalled and set up Adobe and all is good.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Glad to hear it ..
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.