void check has incorrect description

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pgarner127

void check has incorrect description

Post by pgarner127 »

I noticed when we voiding printed checks the system put an incorrect description on the voided check. I cannot determined how and where the system pulled the description. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

NeilZ

Re: void check has incorrect description

Post by NeilZ »

pgarner127 wrote:I noticed when we voiding printed checks the system put an incorrect description on the voided check. I cannot determined how and where the system pulled the description. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
What do you mean 'incorrect description' ... what are you seeing , and what did you expect?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pgarner127

Post by pgarner127 »

NeilZ wrote:
pgarner127 wrote:I noticed when we voiding printed checks the system put an incorrect description on the voided check. I cannot determined how and where the system pulled the description. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
What do you mean 'incorrect description' ... what are you seeing , and what did you expect?
For Example:

We went to accounts payable and entered a printed check. We needed to void the check, we selected "Void a Check" the description listed on the check to void is not correct. The vendor, check number, amount, type and date are correct however the description is not.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pgarner127 wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
For Example:

We went to accounts payable and entered a printed check. We needed to void the check, we selected "Void a Check" the description listed on the check to void is not correct. The vendor, check number, amount, type and date are correct however the description is not.
Try doing a REINDEX from the Utilities menu, then try again. I would first look at the check as posted under the View Posted Transactions file. The system will only use the description from the existing check. Could you give me an example of what you expect, and what you're ACTUALLY seeing as the description?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.