Accounts Payable

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

katiequinn

Accounts Payable

Post by katiequinn »

Hi,

I have just a quick comment and request. Our church just adopted a purchase order system, and it would be nice if there was a "PO Number" field when entering payable invoices.

Also, regarding payroll, I am also all for having direct deposit capability and being able to generate ACH files, and instead of payroll check numbers, being able to print out direct deposit earnings statements.

Otherwise, I really like PowerChurch plus, and it's working great for our church.

NeilZ

Re: Accounts Payable

Post by NeilZ »

katiequinn wrote:Hi,

I have just a quick comment and request. Our church just adopted a purchase order system, and it would be nice if there was a "PO Number" field when entering payable invoices.
You can use the REFERENCE block on the Maintain Open Invoices screen for this. That's basically what its there for, the information entered there is then moved to the Transaction Notes once posted to Funds Accounting.
For example, I use the reference block to show the date of the Electric Bill statement, and enter that in the Reference Block. When it is posted it looks like this in the notes block:

Vendor ID: ELECT
This check paid the following invoice(s):

STMT: 2018-12-31 01/01/2019 374.44

In your case, I'd enter PO: xxxxxxx
Also, regarding payroll, I am also all for having direct deposit capability and being able to generate ACH files, and instead of payroll check numbers, being able to print out direct deposit earnings statements.

Otherwise, I really like PowerChurch plus, and it's working great for our church.
You didn't mention what version you're using, as v11.x and v12 already have this capability.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.