How do I view the check register?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

richardstephens

How do I view the check register?

Post by richardstephens »

I am new to PowerChurch software, and am becomming a bit frustrated on two fronts:

1. I have entered contributions for the past several months, but they do not show as"deposited" in a bank account. What's the key to this? I have gone through the book and help screen several times to figure it out, and am lost.

2. How do I view the check register? Nothing that I see looks like a check register, which should show deposits, checks written, withdrawals, balances, etc. Help......

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

NeilZ

Re: How do I view the check register?

Post by NeilZ »

richardstephens wrote:I am new to PowerChurch software, and am becomming a bit frustrated on two fronts:

1. I have entered contributions for the past several months, but they do not show as"deposited" in a bank account. What's the key to this? I have gone through the book and help screen several times to figure it out, and am lost.
Did you post them to Funds Accounting, and then in Funds Accounting did you post all transactions? I would check to make sure that when you Post Contributions that setting is set to post to Funds Accounting.
2. How do I view the check register? Nothing that I see looks like a check register, which should show deposits, checks written, withdrawals, balances, etc. Help......

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Funds Accounting Reports -> Check Register Report.

However, you can look at View Posted Transactions in Funds Accounting, sort the list by date, and basically get the same thing, with more information.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CVUMC

Post by CVUMC »

I don't have a "view posted transactions" in my funds accounting reports, so how do I view a check register?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CVUMC wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:07 pm
I don't have a "view posted transactions" in my funds accounting reports, so how do I view a check register?
You do have a Check Register report as I pointed out in my first reply.

View Posted Transactions is a menu item off the Funds Accounting menu which is available for you to review without printing out the check register, and which will provide additional detailed information if needed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.