How Do I Credit Budget Account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

WCC-Lorrie

How Do I Credit Budget Account

Post by WCC-Lorrie »

We have Powerchurch 11.5. We have a separate checking account for missions. We have been collecting offerings for a Haiti Mission Trip. Another church had made all of the arrangements and paid for expenses up front. I wrote a check out of the 01 checking acct. (Gen. Fund) /budget acct 01-5320 to pay for the church's part of the trip. We then transferred that amount from the other Missions Checking account into our 01 Checking (General Fund Income). How do I credit that amount that was reimbursed back to that 01-5320 budget expense? And Do I do it as a correction to the check that I wrote? It was for $4880.00 Thanks for your help!

NeilZ

Re: How Do I Credit Budget Account

Post by NeilZ »

WCC-Lorrie wrote:We have Powerchurch 11.5. We have a separate checking account for missions. We have been collecting offerings for a Haiti Mission Trip. Another church had made all of the arrangements and paid for expenses up front. I wrote a check out of the 01 checking acct. (Gen. Fund) /budget acct 01-5320 to pay for the church's part of the trip. We then transferred that amount from the other Missions Checking account into our 01 Checking (General Fund Income). How do I credit that amount that was reimbursed back to that 01-5320 budget expense? And Do I do it as a correction to the check that I wrote? It was for $4880.00 Thanks for your help!
What you should have done was write the check from the missions checking account in the first place. However, I would do this:

1. In the Mission Fund, enter a manual check using a check number of "Transfer", using the checking account as the CREDIT, and the expense account as the debit.

2. In the Operations fund, enter another manual check also as TRANSFER, but use the checking account as DEBIT, and the expense account as credit.

This covers the transfer which I'm assuming was done online, but also debits the correct expense under missions, and returns funds to the proper expense account in operations.

Put as much information about why you were doing this in the notes blocl.

As usual, do a backup of the accounting database first to make sure you can revert if the actions did not work as expected.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.