Merge Accounting Funds - Final Configuration

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kirkre

Merge Accounting Funds - Final Configuration

Post by kirkre »

I'm trying to understand precisely how PowerChurch reconfigures the files following a Merge Accounting Funds command. We have a General Fund-01 and a Building Program Fund-02. We want to start using the 01 fund and move away from the 02 fund. If we execute the Merge Accounting Funds command to merge the 02 fund into the 01 fund, does the system delete the Building Program Fund-02 after all of the information has been transferred to the 01 fund and, if it does,does the system renumber the other funds in the system? We have three other funds, so will what was funds 03, 04 , and 05, now become funds 02, 03 and 04 after the merge?

On a related subject, does the Move Account command work for moving accounts from one accounting fund to another, if the same major account numbers also exists in the other accounting fund? Can we move a 02-4567 account to a 01-4567 account and does the 02-4567 account still exists after the move with no data?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Merge Accounting Funds - Final Configuration

Post by Zorak »

It doesn't renumber other funds. In your scenario, fund 02 would just be absorbed into fund 01. There would be no remnants of fund 02 after the fact.

The Move Account process only moves accounts in the same fund.

kirkre

Re: Merge Accounting Funds - Final Configuration

Post by kirkre »

That's what I thought would occur, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks