Posted contributions to wrong accounting month

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

horizonbc

Posted contributions to wrong accounting month

Post by horizonbc »

I entered contributions to the contribution module but when I went to post to accounting I chose the wrong year for the month I was posting. The contribution shows up correctly in the contribution reports however it does not show up in the correct income account month of account activity. I need to place in the correct year without messing up the asset totals, as I have already completed bank reconciliations for the months.

NeilZ

Re: Posted contributions to wrong accounting month

Post by NeilZ »

horizonbc wrote:I entered contributions to the contribution module but when I went to post to accounting I chose the wrong year for the month I was posting. The contribution shows up correctly in the contribution reports however it does not show up in the correct income account month of account activity. I need to place in the correct year without messing up the asset totals, as I have already completed bank reconciliations for the months.
Well, if you're talking about it posting to a previous year, reversing the Contribution Transaction in Funds Accounting, and reentering that transaction in Funds Accounting with the correct date should not cause any issues as the previous year was already reconciled, and the current month would not show that contribution so you couldn't finish the most recent reconciliation.

The asset totals wont change, you're just changing the date when the assets came into the system.

Again, I'm basing this on the assumption from what you wrote that this was a recent issue. FWIW .. if you're using the Post Contributions to Funds Accounting selection when you post Contributions, it will go to the most recent month setup in Funds Accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.