building fund

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

erichuff

building fund

Post by erichuff »

Hi,

I recently established a separate building fund. Prior to doing this I kept the desiganted money for the the buidling fund in a temporary restricted account that closed to 01-3210-105. so far we have 450.37 in the 01 fund fro the building. I would like to transfer the money in this account to the building fund 05. (They will both be on the same checking account)

I have a general fund set up in both 01 and 05
I have the checking account set up in fund 01 as 01-1110 and in fund 05 as 05-1110-105

I am not sure how to set the 9000 numbers up so I do not through everything off.

How can I accomplish what I want to do.

NeilZ

Re: building fund

Post by NeilZ »

erichuff wrote:Hi,

I recently established a separate building fund. Prior to doing this I kept the desiganted money for the the buidling fund in a temporary restricted account that closed to 01-3210-105. so far we have 450.37 in the 01 fund fro the building. I would like to transfer the money in this account to the building fund 05. (They will both be on the same checking account)

I have a general fund set up in both 01 and 05
I have the checking account set up in fund 01 as 01-1110 and in fund 05 as 05-1110-105

I am not sure how to set the 9000 numbers up so I do not through everything off.

How can I accomplish what I want to do.
FWIW .. you don't have a general fund setup in 01 and 05, you have an Unrestricted Net Assets, they should both be 3110-000 if you used the standard Powerchurch setup for the Operations fund (01), and then when you created the 05 account, you should have selected it as one of the accounts you want to see in the 05.

In the user manual, starting on page 234, you'll find instructions on setting up the Transfer Accounts. You don't need anything fancy, so you would setup the transfer accounts using the Simple Transfer Setup as shown at the top of page 235. You'd add those accounts using the Maintain the Chart of Accounts function.

To then transfer the funds you would use the simple transfer as shown at the bottom of page 235 entering the transaction as a Fund Transaction entry. In addition to the transaction lines there, you would also have to click on the Release Restricted Funds to move the funds from the restricted assets to unrestricted in the 01 fund. Once you get the funds to the 05 fund, there is no further need for a restriction, as the separate fund is the restriction in itself.

FWIW .. you really don't need to use a subaccount number once you move it.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.