2018 Unreconciled Transactions

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

River of Life

2018 Unreconciled Transactions

Post by River of Life »

To prepare for 2020, I am trying to clean up unreconciled transactions from 2018 . I know how to void out transactions that originated in Accounts Payable Module but can anyone please outline the steps to clear out/void Unreconciled Transactions that were originated in 2018 in the Fund Accounting Module? Thanks

NeilZ

Re: 2018 Unreconciled Transactions

Post by NeilZ »

River of Life wrote:To prepare for 2020, I am trying to clean up unreconciled transactions from 2018 . I know how to void out transactions that originated in Accounts Payable Module but can anyone please outline the steps to clear out/void Unreconciled Transactions that were originated in 2018 in the Fund Accounting Module? Thanks
Basically the same, not knowing the version you're using, I won't list the steps, but you will need to REVERSE the transations in using the Posted Transaction function. You'll probably have to adjust the filter on that window to allow you to see the 2018 transactions.

That said, why were these entered via Fund Accounting transactions, since it appears they did not affect the bank statement for you to reconcile them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

River of Life

Post by River of Life »

Hi Neil,

Currently using Powerchurch+ Version 12.2 (Online)

I came on board with our church in January 2019 and all the transactions were completed in 2019.
Here are the steps I was instructed to do for those originating in Accounts Payable Module:

To Remove Unreconciled Transactions from Previous Years

STEP 1
Accounting
Accounts Payable
Void a Check
Search for Transaction and Click Void
Save and then Post to Fund Accounting
STEP 2
Accounting
Modify Unposted Transactions
Find & Open Relevant Transaction
Change Posting Month to Current Month
Change Actual date to End of Year (12/31)
Make Note in section at bottom explaining reason for transaction
SAVE

STEP 3
Reopen saved transaction
Click Year End Transaction button located directly under the actual date
Save

Ready to Post

These steps only work for those originating in Accounts Payable and that is why I am now here asking for assistance in how to complete the steps for the transactions that originated in Fund Accounting Module and from what you stated previously, I am assuming I must reverse those transactions from Fund Accounting.

What are the consequences of completing the 2019 End of the year and all the previous end of month reports from said transactions to present day?

Thank you very much for any and all input.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

River of Life wrote:Hi Neil,

Currently using Powerchurch+ Version 12.2 (Online)

I came on board with our church in January 2019 and all the transactions were completed in 2019.

<SNIP>

Wait .. I don't understand. You said these were unreconciled transactions, yet you're now telling me they were completed in 2019??

In that case, they should have reconciled off the bank statement. It appears that whoever told you to do that operation was thinking about a business that uses accrual accounting. Powerchurch was written for churches, and is a cash basis accounting system.

When you enter and post the transaction, the funds are allocated. Doesn't matter that your bank statement didn't show up until January, they were still written on last years budget.

I don't know where the person who gave you those instructions got them, but they did not get them from the Knowledgebase files here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.