EFile W2s

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbctnc

EFile W2s

Post by fbctnc »

I am currently using Power Church 12.2 online. When trying to efile W2s by going to Accounting>Payroll>Tax Reporting>W2s, I get the message:
The following errors were found in your filing submissions:
-StateIdOne - Expected format is 9 digits:123456789

I get this message for all of my employees.

How/what do I do to correct to clear this error message?

NeilZ

Re: EFile W2s

Post by NeilZ »

fbctnc wrote:I am currently using Power Church 12.2 online. When trying to efile W2s by going to Accounting>Payroll>Tax Reporting>W2s, I get the message:
The following errors were found in your filing submissions:
-StateIdOne - Expected format is 9 digits:123456789

I get this message for all of my employees.

How/what do I do to correct to clear this error message?
This sounds like it expects a entry in any State Income Tax Identification Number.

There could be two reasons:
1. The State Tax ID is blank - in which case I would enter my State Income Tax ID there. If the state does not issue a special ID, then it usually uses the Federal EIN, which I would enter there.
2. The State Tax ID has a dash in it like : 12-3456789 - in which case I'd delete the dash.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

I did not use Power Church last year to efile for W2s. This is the info that appears on the W2 for this year and what was on the W2 last year.

Box 15 State NC
Employee's state ID 62-664

What should I do to clear this error?

Thank you.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The NC state tax ID is 9 digits with no hyphens or spaces (123456789). This is the church's NC state tax ID.

You can assign that on the Maintain Tax Types screen under Accounting > Payroll > Setup. Assigning it there will keep you from having to manually update each employee's W2 on the screen prior to filing.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Thank you so much, this cleared the error.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

New to W2 and Power Church E Filing using the nelcoportal.com link. Currently using Power Church Online ver 12.2 and wanting to use online e filing W2 & W3. If I use PC e filing bundle #1 Federal & State E Filing, Recepient mail, & Online Retrieval are all necessary copies sent to social security, federal, and state agencies and employees? In other words, do I have to do any separate mailings/filings to satisfy these 3 agencies or employees.

Also, I see where 1099/1096 may be e filed. Does e filing send copies to all employees, federal and state agencies, etc.

If the answer is yes to all of the above, it looks like all I will need to do is print copies for our church files.

Thank you.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, if you choose federal, state, and employee, it will do a complete job of all three, filing all the necessary forms with federal, state, and delivering paper & digital copies of the necessary forms to employees.

From the Frequently Asked Questions (https://powerchurch.nelcoportal.com/faq) they DON'T file local/city copies for you.