Direct Deposit Step by Step

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

voiceministries

Direct Deposit Step by Step

Post by voiceministries »

Hey all - I looked around for a bit on here but couldn't find anything. Is there a step-by-step procedure to set up Direct Deposit? I work at a church and write about 8 Payroll checks per week. I would love to go to Direct Deposit as several have asked about it.

It looks like all I have to do is specify Payment Method as direct deposit and get their account and routing numbers, but I am sure there has to be more than that, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joshua~

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Direct Deposit Step by Step

Post by Zorak »

That is all that would be required if you are manually processing the direct deposits outside of PowerChurch (most commonly that would be just typing net check amounts into a form on your bank's website)

If you need PowerChurch to create the NACHA file to send to the bank for processing, then it would require some additional information in the setup. You can find these fields by going to File > Preferences > Accounting Setup. Click on the Payroll Direct Deposit tab.

Ignore the CSV File Options section at the top and refer to the NACHA File Options section below. The fields it is asking for in that setup is the terminology used by banks and payment processors, so your actual direct deposit service provider/bank should have information available to help complete this setup.

CUUCSW

Post by CUUCSW »

How is the direct deposit information communicated to the bank? Is that done by Powerchurch, or do we have to do it externally?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The bank likely has a form on their website that allows you to upload the nacha file.