Head of Household & Exempt with new 2020 W-4

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christybeth

Head of Household & Exempt with new 2020 W-4

Post by christybeth »

I am not seeing the Head of Household as an option within the Payroll Federal Tax Withholding latest update. Would we just select Single (which is what I've done in the past)? Since everything is very specific with the new form, I want to make sure I do it right. :D Also, what about those who are claiming Exempt? In the past we had to have them fill out a new form every year and I just unchecked the box for Federal Tax Withholding. Thank you for your help!!

NeilZ

Re: Head of Household & Exempt with new 2020 W-4

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:I am not seeing the Head of Household as an option within the Payroll Federal Tax Withholding latest update. Would we just select Single (which is what I've done in the past)? Since everything is very specific with the new form, I want to make sure I do it right. :D Also, what about those who are claiming Exempt? In the past we had to have them fill out a new form every year and I just unchecked the box for Federal Tax Withholding. Thank you for your help!!
I believe this is something you have to create. Did you follow the directions in the topic listed here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13852

There are links to the Knowledge Base article on setting up the tables for the new form. The update will not create this table for you, and you do NOT want to use single for head of household, the withholding is completely different.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.