Fix a mortgage liability balance

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

raylaurenza

Fix a mortgage liability balance

Post by raylaurenza »

Somehow, my mortgage liability account (01-2620) has the wrong balance according to actual due with the bank.
I need to increase the balance for this account, but don't want to affect anything else.

Is there a way to do this???

Thanks
Ray

NeilZ

Re: Fix a mortgage liability balance

Post by NeilZ »

raylaurenza wrote:Somehow, my mortgage liability account (01-2620) has the wrong balance according to actual due with the bank.
I need to increase the balance for this account, but don't want to affect anything else.

Is there a way to do this???

Thanks
Ray
Was the bank balance wrong because of interest, or too much applied in Powerchurch to principal?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

raylaurenza

Post by raylaurenza »

I am not not sure how it got to be be different. I probably would have to keep going back month by month till I found what happened. I guess I was looking for an easy way to fix the balance

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

raylaurenza wrote:I am not not sure how it got to be be different. I probably would have to keep going back month by month till I found what happened. I guess I was looking for an easy way to fix the balance
There isn't an easy way as you have to have a balanced transaction. Without knowing if too much or not enough of the principal was shown as paid, or too much or not enough interest was shown, there's not much to say.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.