Retirement checkbox in13 of W-2

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lauragilbert

Retirement checkbox in13 of W-2

Post by lauragilbert »

I have three pastors who have Retirement plans that are 403b. Only one of them has additional personal contributions. It is set up correctly through PowerChurch Payroll.

My question is this. Is it necessary to check the Retirement plan box (13 on the W-2) for the other two pastors who have retirement plans (paid for by the church) but do not contribute to them??

The IRS adresses checking this box if they are "active participants" but doesn't actually define the term.

Thank you!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Retirement checkbox in13 of W-2

Post by Zorak »

It is our understanding that an employee is an active participant and should have that box checked if there is an active retirement account - active meaning someone, the employer or employee made contributions to it.

GHMC

Post by GHMC »

Does this box have to be manually checked, or is there a way to have it automatically checked? I'm wondering if I have something set up incorrectly Payroll Items. Thank you.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

GHMC wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:57 pm
Does this box have to be manually checked, or is there a way to have it automatically checked? I'm wondering if I have something set up incorrectly Payroll Items. Thank you.
All versions of PCPlus, since version 11.55 at least, have a box on the Payroll -> Maintain List of Employees -> Payroll Information tab that you should check if the Employee is eligible for retirement plan.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GHMC

Post by GHMC »

NeilZ wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:43 pm
GHMC wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:57 pm
All versions of PCPlus, since version 11.55 at least, have a box on the Payroll -> Maintain List of Employees -> Payroll Information tab that you should check if the Employee is eligible for retirement plan.
Thank you!