Split Invoices

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FirstMOBC

Split Invoices

Post by FirstMOBC »

I thought I understood how to split invoices but I had to make manual corrections on several 1099's for 2019. Now I also have to void checks and correct what should be reported on the 1099 for 2019 to match the manual corrections I made. Can someone give me the steps on how to split invoices so I wont have to go thru this horrible mistake in 2020? :wall:
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Re: Split Invoices

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:I thought I understood how to split invoices but I had to make manual corrections on several 1099's for 2019. Now I also have to void checks and correct what should be reported on the 1099 for 2019 to match the manual corrections I made. Can someone give me the steps on how to split invoices so I wont have to go thru this horrible mistake in 2020? :wall:
First off ... if you have invoices that should be issued for a 1099, and one that shouldn't be, you should keep them separate. But what were the issues you had with the 1099? Was it amounts? You can adjust whether or not invoices appear on the 1099 by checking or unchecking the 1099 box on the vendor record.

Knowing exactly what happened will help with any advice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you Neil. I posted before I realize that every payment I made was flag as 1099 activity. So I think what I will need to do is void the checks then re-enter as manual check. I did correct the 1099 before transmitting the information to IRS and vendor. But I need to correct the A/P so it will match what is on the 1099. The confusion came when I was entering the transaction in one invoice. I thought I could separate the 1099 item by clicking the 1099 box on each line item. But that is wrong. Now I think in order for me to split the invoice I need to enter amount and click the 1099 box then save. Then enter another transaction that should not go on the 1099 and save.
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:Thank you Neil. I posted before I realize that every payment I made was flag as 1099 activity. So I think what I will need to do is void the checks then re-enter as manual check. I did correct the 1099 before transmitting the information to IRS and vendor. But I need to correct the A/P so it will match what is on the 1099. The confusion came when I was entering the transaction in one invoice. I thought I could separate the 1099 item by clicking the 1099 box on each line item. But that is wrong. Now I think in order for me to split the invoice I need to enter amount and click the 1099 box then save. Then enter another transaction that should not go on the 1099 and save.
That is correct. Enter the invoice that does not require the 1099, and then the invoice that does. The system will still write ONE check if you have the 'combine invoices' box checked on the vendor record, but only the invoice that has the 1099 box checked will be counted.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank You very much.
Margaret Allen