Payroll Register or Journal

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

salcbookkeeper

Payroll Register or Journal

Post by salcbookkeeper »

We are going to start outsourcing our payroll to an outside company, and they have asked me to provide a "payroll register" or "payroll journal" report (which they said should include wage and tax information for each pay period). I've searched Payroll Reports (I use PowerChurch Plus 12.2) and tried a few Custom Reports, but cannot find anything that seems to fit.

So before I go making my own spreadsheet and manually entering the data, is there anywhere else I can check for this type of report?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Payroll Register or Journal

Post by Zorak »

I would expect the Payroll Check Register report would do what you need. It's one of the built-in reports in Payroll.

salcbookkeeper

Post by salcbookkeeper »

Thanks for the suggestion! The Payroll Check Register report just prints a list of check numbers, amounts, dates, and names. What our paycheck vendor is looking for is a report with specific items like gross wages, social security, medicare, fed/state withholding, earnings/deductions, and net pay for each employee.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Try the Selected Payroll Data report with the sort option Check Number selected. That shows the net check amount and then the separate amounts of each item that processed on the check.