Reconciling bank account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RGWalk

Reconciling bank account

Post by RGWalk »

I have several checks (all payroll) and one deposit not showing up in PC when I try to reconcile the bank account. The checks all show up in in posted transactions, and the deposit shows up as posted in the Contributions module, but they are not there in the list when I attempt to reconcile. I have gone back and forth, and PC has no unposted contributions or transactions. I have made sure. How can they be missing?
Contribution from 1/5//2020 shows up in the Fund Summary report in Contributions. Four paychecks show up in Posted Transactions. None of these is in the list as I try to "click through" the "Reconcile Bank Accounts" function in Fund Accounting.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Reconciling bank account

Post by Zorak »

There are three things that will keep posted transactions from showing up on the Reconcile Bank Accounts screen. First (and easiest to resolve) is the date of the transaction. By default, PowerChurch only shows transactions dated before the bank statement date you entered when opening the Reconcile screen. There is a checkbox option at the top left that you can uncheck to include transactions with all dates and hopefully, your missing transactions will be shown.

The second possibility is that the transaction was already cleared in a prior month. By default, the Reconcile Bank Accounts only shows unreconciled transaction. When you first open the Reconcile Bank Accounts screen, where it prompts for the bank statement date and bank statement balance, there is also a control to show unreconciled transactions or all data. Choose all data and verify that the transaction was not accidentally cleared in a prior reconciliation.

The last thing it could be is that the posted transaction did not affect the account you are trying to reconcile. Take a look on the View Posted Transactions screen in Fund Accounting. Find the transaction in the Transaction List tab, select it, and switch to the Transaction Detail tab. Verify that the account you are reconciling was actually debited or credited in this transaction.