Closing accounts/books

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

AtCalvary

Closing accounts/books

Post by AtCalvary »

To whom can help!
I propose at my church that we upgrade our Power Church and focus on one software (we have been using Power Church and Quickens simultaneously). So now we try to close our account/Books and that was never done for years, I mean more that 8, 10 years.
Do we close our accounts before upgrading? By the way we are using version 10.4
How can we close our accounts without any issue?
How can we merge all our account from Quickens to Power Church?

NeilZ

Re: Closing accounts/books

Post by NeilZ »

AtCalvary wrote:To whom can help!
I propose at my church that we upgrade our Power Church and focus on one software (we have been using Power Church and Quickens simultaneously). So now we try to close our account/Books and that was never done for years, I mean more that 8, 10 years.
Do we close our accounts before upgrading? By the way we are using version 10.4
How can we close our accounts without any issue?
How can we merge all our account from Quickens to Power Church?
First off, you don't have to close any accounts to upgrade. Version 12 will automatically read the old database, and create the new v12 database with all the upgraded data tables. I'm assuming that you're talking aobut Contributions and Membership data, since you were using Quicken for accounting.

As far as merging accounts. You need to decide when you want to switch over, and at that time use the Accounting Setup Assistant to create the accounts.

However, moving from Quicken to Powerchurch is not straightforward. Powerchurch will create a basic chart of accounts for areas that are normally used by congregations. You can add or remove what you need or don't need so you can modify it for your congregation.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.