Payroll

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Payroll

Post by whfpc »

For those using PC for payroll. I have an employee whose social security number starts with zero. She cannot (and doesn't remember if she's ever been able to) open her payroll stub we email her. Your ss number is your password to open the pdf sent. I was wondering if there is a special character needed to recognize the zero?? I have triple checked her ss number, and she's been an employee for many years, even re-entered the number again to see if they had an extra space anywhere. I am lost. Thought I would check here before calling support.

Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Payroll

Post by Zorak »

I just ran a test with a SSN of 012-34-5678 and was able to open the PDF with the password of 012345678. The leading zero really shouldn't cause a problem. Make sure the employee isn't typing the dashes in the password.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

I have tried to open it as well and get the same error. I have verified the ss number on her application, and her I-9. Guess I will call support and see if they have an answer.

Robin

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:I have tried to open it as well and get the same error. I have verified the ss number on her application, and her I-9. Guess I will call support and see if they have an answer.

Robin
FWIW ... Zorak is one of Powerchurch support team, so I'm fairly sure the answer he gave is fairly official.

That said, which version of Powerchurch are you using? Do you have the latest MR installed? Have you tried recreating the PayStub to email her using the Maintain List of Employees check history tab?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

12, yes, and yes. However, I pulled her last w-2 and it appears a zero was added at the END? So I tried and entered the TEN digits and it worked. Looking back she was entered with an ending zero from the beginning and apparently when it was re-entered the extra zero was added again...…. In short I found the problem and thank you all for your quick responses. This forum is very helpful!

Robin

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

Also, I never intended for my response to be taken as I didn't think the answer wasn't official. I take all of the answers here as official, they have always proved correct.

Robin

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:Also, I never intended for my response to be taken as I didn't think the answer wasn't official. I take all of the answers here as official, they have always proved correct.

Robin
Thanks Robin ... I was trying to keep you from having to use up your any free support time or have to pay for the same advice you would have gotten here :)

Glad to hear that it was a data entry issue and easily fixed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.