unable to reconcile bank account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

neac

unable to reconcile bank account

Post by neac »

Hi,

I have an issue where a contribution is not showing up so that I can reconcile it.

I think the issue is that it was entered into a newly created fund, but the fund wasn't set up properly. I discovered that it did not have a credit account, I have since added an appropriate account, but how do I get it to show up so I can reconcile it?

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: unable to reconcile bank account

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:Hi,

I have an issue where a contribution is not showing up so that I can reconcile it.

I think the issue is that it was entered into a newly created fund, but the fund wasn't set up properly. I discovered that it did not have a credit account, I have since added an appropriate account, but how do I get it to show up so I can reconcile it?

Thanks
OK ... was this contribution entered along with other contributions? If so, are you saying that the transaction that was created from Contributions did not show up in the checking account, or what did show up was off by the amount given to that new income account? Obviously you wouldn't see anything in an INCOME account because, as you say, there wasn't one.

However, you SHOULD have received a warning message when you posted Contributions that there was an issue.

Now how to fix this. What I would do is add a new transaction in Funds Accounting to DEBIT the checking account, and CREDIT the new income account, and add as much detail in the notes area of the transaction to explain why you had to enter this separately. I'm assuming here that the amount in question exactly matches the amount that the reconciliation is off by.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

Yes, this was entered at the same time as other contributions.
What showed up was off by the amount of the new account.

Did the first entry debit the checking account? If so, will it have a negative effect to debit the checking account again?
Otherwise, I will do what you have suggested.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:Yes, this was entered at the same time as other contributions.
What showed up was off by the amount of the new account.

Did the first entry debit the checking account? If so, will it have a negative effect to debit the checking account again?
Otherwise, I will do what you have suggested.
If your local balance is off by the amount of the new account, then it did not debit the checking account. You can verify this by checking the Posted Transactions under Fund Accouting and check the Contribution transaction for that date.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.