Missing Transaction

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

stthomasbham

Missing Transaction

Post by stthomasbham »

On May 14, I entered an invoice, printed the check, and mailed the check to the vendor (#3043). Now that transaction is missing from the system. I have the stub from the check so I know it was there at some point. The transaction does not show in posted transactions, there are no unposted transactions in the AP module or the Fund Accounting module, and it does not show up on the Vendor Activity report. Any ideas as to what happened? And how do I get it back in the system without creating other problems?

NeilZ

Re: Missing Transaction

Post by NeilZ »

stthomasbham wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 pm
On May 14, I entered an invoice, printed the check, and mailed the check to the vendor (#3043). Now that transaction is missing from the system. I have the stub from the check so I know it was there at some point. The transaction does not show in posted transactions, there are no unposted transactions in the AP module or the Fund Accounting module, and it does not show up on the Vendor Activity report. Any ideas as to what happened? And how do I get it back in the system without creating other problems?
It is very rare that this happens, and usually due to a database restore that overwrote the database. You can check this by looking at the System Audit Log located under the Utilities menu. I suspect an overwrite as the Vendor record would show the check after the AR post. As you said there's nothing referencing the check, I suspect the overwrite.

To fix is easy. Using the SAME check number, create a MANUAL check in AP for the vendor, using the same date, accounts, amounts, and check number. Then post it to Funds Accounting. This will correct all areas of the system.

Let us know what you find out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

stthomasbham

Re: Missing Transaction

Post by stthomasbham »

There's nothing in the system audit log for the past year. I followed your advice and created a manual check to correct everything in the system. No other transactions seem to have been affected so I'll continue as usual and hope for the best. Thanks for your help!