Writing check for PTO for pastor who resigned

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gccc

Writing check for PTO for pastor who resigned

Post by gccc »

One of our ministers resigned last week and I need to figure out how to write the check for his accrued PTO.

He is set up as salary rather than hourly in Payroll and his pay items are broken down as the following: (Using made up figures)
Salary: $600 (rate type: Salary)
Housing: $350 (rate type: Salary)
403b W'H: $60 (amount not %)
Employer Match: $60 (amount not %)
Federal W/H: $150 (Manual amount)
State income tax: $15 (Manual amount)
County Tax: $10 (Manual amount)

I would assume I need to take out all of these on this final check as I would when writing a regular weekly check. He has accrued 23 days of PTO. How do I go about writing this check? If he was entered as an hourly employee, I could just adjust the work hours, but I'm not sure how to do it with his setup. Please help!

NeilZ

Re: Writing check for PTO for pastor who resigned

Post by NeilZ »

gccc wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 pm
One of our ministers resigned last week and I need to figure out how to write the check for his accrued PTO.

He is set up as salary rather than hourly in Payroll and his pay items are broken down as the following: (Using made up figures)
Salary: $600 (rate type: Salary)
Housing: $350 (rate type: Salary)
403b W'H: $60 (amount not %)
Employer Match: $60 (amount not %)
Federal W/H: $150 (Manual amount)
State income tax: $15 (Manual amount)
County Tax: $10 (Manual amount)

I would assume I need to take out all of these on this final check as I would when writing a regular weekly check. He has accrued 23 days of PTO. How do I go about writing this check? If he was entered as an hourly employee, I could just adjust the work hours, but I'm not sure how to do it with his setup. Please help!
You would pro-rate the amount. Divide his annual salary by 365, then multiply that answer by 23. Enter that as the salary when you go through the Process Payroll function.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gccc

Post by gccc »

What about the taxes and retirement withholdings? They are manually entered into payroll setup, so PCPlus doesn't automatically figure those for me when changing the salary amount.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

gccc wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 am
What about the taxes and retirement withholdings? They are manually entered into payroll setup, so PCPlus doesn't automatically figure those for me when changing the salary amount.
I don't know why you don't have Powwechurch setup to automatically calculate those items. I can't help you with that other than to use the tax tables to figure the amount of taxes, and whatever formula is used to calculate the retirement.

Having Powerchurch do all the calculations makes payroll a lot easier to run normally, and it handles these types of issues with ease.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.