System Generated Entry??

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MAPCTreasurer

System Generated Entry??

Post by MAPCTreasurer »

Just recently I was doing Activity Balance reviews and I came across something highly irregular.

There was a "System Generated" reference and it was dated for July 31, 2020 but today is only July 20, 2020. I am at a loss. How can this be? :wall:
Does anyone have an explanation for this occurring: how it occurred, who might have done this, and why was it done?

Any information would be most helpful!

Thanks,
David Chalk, Treasurer
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church

NeilZ

Re: System Generated Entry??

Post by NeilZ »

MAPCTreasurer wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:52 am
Just recently I was doing Activity Balance reviews and I came across something highly irregular.

There was a "System Generated" reference and it was dated for July 31, 2020 but today is only July 20, 2020. I am at a loss. How can this be? :wall:
Does anyone have an explanation for this occurring: how it occurred, who might have done this, and why was it done?

Any information would be most helpful!

Thanks,
David Chalk, Treasurer
Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church
Exactly what did the "system" do? Is there a transaction included? Additional information is needed as to what was done.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: System Generated Entry??

Post by Zorak »

The "System Generated Entry" that shows on the Account Activity report references the amount of income, expense, or transfers that have "closed to" that particular equity (AKA fund balance, net assets) account. The equity section of the Balance Sheet is automatically updated by activity in income, expense, and transfer accounts. This terminology in PowerChurch Plus is called "closing to" equity.

There is a report under Accounting > Fund Accounting > Reports – Fund Accounting called "Detail Changes in Equity" that generates basically an Account Activity report for each equity account, showing the amounts of income, expense, and transfers that have "closed to" it, affecting the balance. Run this report and you should see one or more transactions listed that have affected this equity account balance.