Undo Bank Reconciliation

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jlanderson

Undo Bank Reconciliation

Post by jlanderson »

Hi!
How can a previously completed and "done" bank reconciliation be undone?

NeilZ

Re: Undo Bank Reconciliation

Post by NeilZ »

jlanderson wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:25 pm
Hi!
How can a previously completed and "done" bank reconciliation be undone?
Why would you want to do that? Was something cleared in error?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jlanderson

Post by jlanderson »

Yes - a check was marked as cleared in error and an adjustment was made to balance. Now that the discrepancy has been found it would make sense to re-do the reconciliation as allowed in other accounting software.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you haven't already done so, reverse the adjustment you made by going to Accounting > Fund Accounting > View Posted Transactions. Select the transaction in the list and click the Reverse button at the bottom of the screen. Then Post Transactions in Fund Accounting.

When you go back into the Reconcile Bank Accounts screen, enter the same date and statement balance. Choose Include: All Data instead of the default Unreconciled. This is going to show all prior transactions in the Deposits and Checks list. Find the check that shouldn't have been cleared and unclear it. The process is the same, double click the mouse or hit the Space Bar or however you normally toggle transactions as cleared.

Find the new reversal transaction you just created and mark it cleared.

That should be it, the To Balance amount at the bottom should be zero, click Done.

jlanderson

Post by jlanderson »

Thank you sooooo much for taking time to respond! I appreciate you going through each step with clear instructions as everything was easy to follow. I have never paid attention to the "all data" button so thanks for opening my eyes - problem solved. Thanks again.