Payroll groups

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Payroll groups

Post by whfpc »

I am working in PC 12.2,
We currently have 1 pay group and it is named current employees. Pay periods are the 15th and EOM.
I want to have 2 pay groups (salaried employees and hourly employees).
Salary employees are paid for current, ie. deposit on 8/15/2020 = salary employee dates 8/1-8/15.
Hourly employees are paid for the previous 2ish weeks ie deposit on 8/15 = 7/16-7/31.
If I make a new pay group and have 2 groups 1 for salary and 1 for hourly, when I process payroll 1. am I able to use 2 sets of dates for one deposit date and 2. will they both show up as one batch for NACHA deposit?

Currently everyone has the same "pay dates" listed on their deposits/check stubs even though we have 2 different "pay dates". It hasn't caused any problems, yet because the salary employees "know" how it works. I have someone retiring and about to do a new hire and I want to officially fix this and not have to explain to the new employee how it has been done in the past.

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Payroll groups

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:50 pm
I am working in PC 12.2,
We currently have 1 pay group and it is named current employees. Pay periods are the 15th and EOM.
I want to have 2 pay groups (salaried employees and hourly employees).
Salary employees are paid for current, ie. deposit on 8/15/2020 = salary employee dates 8/1-8/15.
Hourly employees are paid for the previous 2ish weeks ie deposit on 8/15 = 7/16-7/31.
I'm assuming that by deposit date you mean EFT deposit at their bank.
If I make a new pay group and have 2 groups 1 for salary and 1 for hourly, when I process payroll 1. am I able to use 2 sets of dates for one deposit date and 2. will they both show up as one batch for NACHA deposit?
You have to process them separately and the system will create separate files.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

whfpc

Re: Payroll groups

Post by whfpc »

Yes deposit is EFT, thank you!