Donor Restricted Accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

meadowbrookfwbchurch

Donor Restricted Accounts

Post by meadowbrookfwbchurch »

We have an interest earned fund. The balance is kept in the fund until the church votes to spend it on an item. Our Wednesday night offering is split between the youth fund and building fund. This designation was set by the church.
Can these go under Contribution Income/Donor Restricted?

NeilZ

Re: Donor Restricted Accounts

Post by NeilZ »

meadowbrookfwbchurch wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:37 pm
We have an interest earned fund. The balance is kept in the fund until the church votes to spend it on an item. Our Wednesday night offering is split between the youth fund and building fund. This designation was set by the church.
Can these go under Contribution Income/Donor Restricted?
I'm assuming that the interest earned fund is a separate savings account? I would not put that in Contributions income, its is interest and should be listed separately. If the fund is listed as a temp restricted account, it should show the interest in its own listed income account. This is usually done when you receive the bank statement using a Fund Accounting transaction and posting prior to the statement reconciliation.

As far as the youth and building fund, again each should have its own income account to reflect the funds going into it as they should have individual fund balance accounts. The split should be setup in Contributions to reflect that the Wednesday night offering has 50% going to Building and the rest to Youth.

Not knowing how you have your accounts setup I can only provide generalities.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.