Payroll check reprint once sent to fund acctg

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

KathyR2020

Payroll check reprint once sent to fund acctg

Post by KathyR2020 »

I printed a payroll check on a voided check blank. The word voided was not visible until you took a picture of it. So naturally, the bank won't accept it. I have sent payroll to fund accounting, but have not posted it to fund accounting. Can I reprint this check and void the old number? I am in 12.2 plus version.

NeilZ

Re: Payroll check reprint once sent to fund acctg

Post by NeilZ »

KathyR2020 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:09 pm
I printed a payroll check on a voided check blank. The word voided was not visible until you took a picture of it. So naturally, the bank won't accept it. I have sent payroll to fund accounting, but have not posted it to fund accounting. Can I reprint this check and void the old number? I am in 12.2 plus version.
Not knowing what other checks you may have posted in that Post Payroll function, i would say don't worry those and proceed with the check void action.

Powerchurch v12.2 will allow you to go to the Maintain List of Employees function in Payroll, find the employee in question, select the check in the Check History then click on the VOID button at the bottom of the list. The system will pop up a window telling you that the check will be voided, but also show a checkbox that you should check to reissue the check. You can then add the date of reissue, and then check the PRINT CHECK box. You would then click OK, and the next pop up you'll see is that standard PRINT CHECK box asking you for the first check number, and showing that you have ONE check to print.

Once you do this, then POST PAYROLL, and then post to Funds Accounting. The system will take care of the rest.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KathyR2020

Post by KathyR2020 »

Thank you so much. I will let you know how it turns out.

KathyR2020

Post by KathyR2020 »

I have another similar situation. I found two payroll checks from July 2018 that were never cashed. I voided them, I'm thinking I shouldn't have because I couldn't get reconciliation for 2019, so how can I reprint and once I find these individuals, get these checks to them. One check is for 11.54 and the other is for 20.77.

Again, I discovered two payroll checks from July 2020 that were never cashed, I didn't void these. How should I proceed to void these and reissue. In both of these sceneries, the checks are assumed lost.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

KathyR2020 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:15 pm
I have another similar situation. I found two payroll checks from July 2018 that were never cashed. I voided them, I'm thinking I shouldn't have because I couldn't get reconciliation for 2019, so how can I reprint and once I find these individuals, get these checks to them. One check is for 11.54 and the other is for 20.77.
FWIW ... it may be easier just to cut two checks from Accounts Payable to cover these. Those amounts do not have taxes taken out, and so there's no problem having to correct those taxes.
Again, I discovered two payroll checks from July 2020 that were never cashed, I didn't void these. How should I proceed to void these and reissue. In both of these sceneries, the checks are assumed lost.
Again, you've not said if you're using v12 or not, but if you are just use the procedure I outlined in my initial reply. The system will ask if you want to reissue the check.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KathyR2020

Post by KathyR2020 »

Yes, I am online 12.2 Thank you so much for your response