chart of accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

neac

chart of accounts

Post by neac »

On Jan 6 I pulled a Chart of Accounts by Fund report.

Under Net Assets a number of fund balances only showed an active square in fund 02.

Now, if I pull this same report, for some unknown reason all of these fund balances now have active squares in both fund 01 and fund 02

I don't know how all of these fund balances all of a sudden got added to fund 01. Is there some kind of log I can look at that would show how this happened?

NeilZ

Re: chart of accounts

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:17 am
On Jan 6 I pulled a Chart of Accounts by Fund report.

Under Net Assets a number of fund balances only showed an active square in fund 02.

Now, if I pull this same report, for some unknown reason all of these fund balances now have active squares in both fund 01 and fund 02

I don't know how all of these fund balances all of a sudden got added to fund 01. Is there some kind of log I can look at that would show how this happened?
The 'Chart of Accounts by Fund' (also known as the Chart of Accounts Fund Comparison) only shows if the account is setup in that fund. It does not mean that there are actually funds in those accounts, only that the accounts are active.

Did you add some new donor restricted accounts?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

I created a new fund for investments, but I didn't create those accounts in fund 1, it just looks like all the fund balances in fund 2 were copied and made active in fund 1.
I did a backup before adding the new fund, if I do a restore, maybe it will go back to the way it was before?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:46 am
I created a new fund for investments, but I didn't create those accounts in fund 1, it just looks like all the fund balances in fund 2 were copied and made active in fund 1.
I did a backup before adding the new fund, if I do a restore, maybe it will go back to the way it was before?
If you do a restore, it overwrites what you did, so everything will be back as it was before you did anything. This also means that if you did anything after you added that new Accounting Fund, like posting, or writing checks in AP, it will be lost.

Before you restore, did you run a Detail Changes in Equity report for Fund 1? That will show if there are any funds in those fund balance accounts.

I suspect that you created the new Accounting Fund, but when creating the accounts in that fund, you may have selected to put them in funds 2 AND 1.

Let me know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

I guess I can't do a restore then.
I did a Detail changes in equity and there's nothing in those fund balances in Fund 01.
Can I delete them since they shouldn't be there, or can I only deactivate them?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:29 pm
I guess I can't do a restore then.
I did a Detail changes in equity and there's nothing in those fund balances in Fund 01.
Can I delete them since they shouldn't be there, or can I only deactivate them?
Well .. you could try to delete them, as there were no transactions used against them, but if that doesn't work, you have to mark them inactive.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.