Posted Transaction Not Appearing on Income and Expense Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

thejourney

Posted Transaction Not Appearing on Income and Expense Report

Post by thejourney »

Hello and thank you in advance for the assistance. I ran an income and expense report (YTD) and I see our building rent is missing. I went back and checked and the rent invoice/check was successfully entered and posted, within the month(s) I'm pulling the report. It also pulls on the transaction detail report as well. Why am I not seeing it on the income and expense report? Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Posted Transaction Not Appearing on Income and Expense Report

Post by NeilZ »

thejourney wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:08 am
Hello and thank you in advance for the assistance. I ran an income and expense report (YTD) and I see our building rent is missing. I went back and checked and the rent invoice/check was successfully entered and posted, within the month(s) I'm pulling the report. It also pulls on the transaction detail report as well. Why am I not seeing it on the income and expense report? Thanks!
What version of PCPlus? This is an income item or expense item? Has this occurred in previous I&E reports? What is the report level set at? You said it was posted, but how was it entered? Was it posted in Funds Accounting? Is there anything in the Unposted Transactions queue?

Without knowing more information, its hard to determine anything.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

thejourney

Post by thejourney »

NeilZ - It is PC Version 12. The rent is an expense. This has not occurred with other expenses that I have posted, but Im a new user as of Jan 1, so I am still learning. I'm not certain your question about the report level. I'll have to get back to you on that. The expense was entered under A/P as an open invoice and posted under A/P as well as under fund accounting. Nothing is posted in the unposted transactions. I can see the rent expense on other reports as paid invoice/transaction, but for some reason it will not show in the income/expense report. Thank you!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

thejourney wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:12 pm
NeilZ - It is PC Version 12. The rent is an expense. This has not occurred with other expenses that I have posted, but Im a new user as of Jan 1, so I am still learning. I'm not certain your question about the report level. I'll have to get back to you on that. The expense was entered under A/P as an open invoice and posted under A/P as well as under fund accounting. Nothing is posted in the unposted transactions. I can see the rent expense on other reports as paid invoice/transaction, but for some reason it will not show in the income/expense report. Thank you!
Check the date of the check, and also check to make sure it was posted in Funds Accounting to the correct month. If you're running reports on January, and the check was dated and posted in February, it won't show up in the I&E report as January.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

thejourney

Post by thejourney »

The report Im running is through Mar. Check was dated Feb 2. Again, it's showing everywhere except this income/expense report. Any other ideas? When I spoke with PC the other day, regarding another issue, they mentioned the need to re-index often? I dont know if that could affect it showing up? Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

thejourney wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:57 pm
The report Im running is through Mar. Check was dated Feb 2. Again, it's showing everywhere except this income/expense report. Any other ideas? When I spoke with PC the other day, regarding another issue, they mentioned the need to re-index often? I dont know if that could affect it showing up? Thanks!
Its always possible that a reindex will fix this, but if you reindexed when you talked to the techs, I can't see having to do it so soon.

Try the reindex, but also check to make sure the correct expense account was used.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.