Quick Check transaction is nowhere to be found-HELP

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sumc

Quick Check transaction is nowhere to be found-HELP

Post by sumc »

Greeting PC Users,

So I did a quick check in the Account Payable module in January. I added the new vendor and all that good stuff, printed the check and assumed it was with my other unposted open invoices, which I went ahead and posted to Fund Accounting. However, now I can't find it :shock: . The vendor shows up when I look for it but there is no activity at all. There no history of that transaction at all except for the new vendor I added. I thought when you do a quick check it updates the database for audit trail, but that's not the case here. It is completely vanished like I never did the transaction. I am afraid of creating a duplicate entry. Any thoughts? Can you please help? Thank you so much!

NeilZ

Re: Quick Check transaction is nowhere to be found-HELP

Post by NeilZ »

sumc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:18 am
Greeting PC Users,

So I did a quick check in the Account Payable module in January. I added the new vendor and all that good stuff, printed the check and assumed it was with my other unposted open invoices, which I went ahead and posted to Fund Accounting. However, now I can't find it :shock: . The vendor shows up when I look for it but there is no activity at all. There no history of that transaction at all except for the new vendor I added. I thought when you do a quick check it updates the database for audit trail, but that's not the case here. It is completely vanished like I never did the transaction. I am afraid of creating a duplicate entry. Any thoughts? Can you please help? Thank you so much!
Are you sure of the date you used? I just tested the Quick Check here and it properly posted to Funds Accounting, and then posted to Funds Accounting. When I checked its there.

Try to do a REINDEX of the database files using the UTILITES -> REINDEX -> all files option. The program will exit, so then restart the program, and go into the View Posted Transactions and take a look to see if its there, I'd adjust the filter to make sure that Jan thru Dec 2021 is selected, then look to see if the check number is there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sumc

Re: Quick Check transaction is nowhere to be found-HELP

Post by sumc »

I will give it a try. Thank you so much!