Unrestricted Net Assets

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Duck

Unrestricted Net Assets

Post by Duck »

This is my first forum question. My church uses PC Plus 11.5 and I have educated myself by watching online videos, reading this forum, and using the PC Manuel. My problem is...each month since June 2020 PC checking account has carried $58.27 more than the bank. I could not find the error. I did not want to start 2021 with this difference, so I wrote it off in Unrestricted Net Assets. This balanced the two checking accounts. However, the -58.27 amount is still showing when I printed the Balance Sheet for January 2021. What did I do wrong? How do I correct this?

NeilZ

Re: Unrestricted Net Assets

Post by NeilZ »

Duck wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:30 pm
This is my first forum question. My church uses PC Plus 11.5 and I have educated myself by watching online videos, reading this forum, and using the PC Manuel. My problem is...each month since June 2020 PC checking account has carried $58.27 more than the bank. I could not find the error. I did not want to start 2021 with this difference, so I wrote it off in Unrestricted Net Assets. This balanced the two checking accounts. However, the -58.27 amount is still showing when I printed the Balance Sheet for January 2021. What did I do wrong? How do I correct this?
You should NOT have wrote it off in 'Unrestricted Net Assets. You said you have two checking accounts, you should have adjusted the one that was reflecting the incorrect amount as determined by the monthly reconciliation. I'm going to assume that there probably was a check, EFT transaction, or bank fee that was never entered into Powerchurch, since you're saying Powerchurch reflected the difference. Then again, it could have been a deposit that was double entered in Powerchurch.

No matter the cause, you should have seen this reflected at the reconciliation where something would not have been checked off. I would reverse the transaction you did, and take another look at the bank statements and reconciliation for each checking account starting back in May and moving forward.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Duck

Re: Unrestricted Net Assets

Post by Duck »

Thank you.